- 1 kg catfish
- 1 kg potatoes
- 6 tomatoes
- 6 red sweet peppers (one in each pot)
- 1 bulb onion
- 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice in each pot
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil (one in each pot)
- ground red pepper
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of salt in each pot
- 12 bay-leaves (2 bay-leaves in each pot)
Scale the catfish and slice it. Peel and cube potatoes and bulb onion. Cut tomatoes and peppers. Put the ingredients in the pots. Add salt, ground black pepper, ground red pepper, bay-leaves and sunflower oil in each pot. Pour lemon juice in each pot a in order to prevent the flash cooking of the fish. Pour everything with water.
Place pots in the preheated oven and cook the catfish soup for 1.5 hour at 180°C.
Then leave the fish broth in the oven for 1 hour to let it draw.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you have a favorite Ukrainian recipe for a catfish, potato, and tomato soup? If so, please let us know in the comments below or write us an e-mail.